Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Love


Here is layout #5 for the Shimelle inspired kit challenge! I'm enjoying the kit so far but am realizing I am gathering towards the brighter colors of the kit and what I'm soon to be left with are the browns and creams of the kit. Uh, oh- I hope I can get creative with the scraps and mixing them with those browns!



 
I wanted to document the fact that I planned a bridal shower for a friend at work. I always enjoy the organization of parties so this was right up my alley. My photo shows the party favor that I made.
I decided to cut out a few of those butterflies that were on the edges of the patterned paper and use those pieces to my advantage by tucking them in here and there within the layout. I used a full butterfly in the middle and highlighted it with three simple black brads to make it a little more noticeable.
As always thanks for stopping by! I appreciate all visitors and if you like my work I appreciate you adding yourself as one of my followers!
Have a Happy Wednesday!

 

10 comments:

  1. this turned out great! love those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours Irene..hope it works out with the browns!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page. I love that JB stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute how your butterflies "peek out" from behind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the favor is so sweet! I love all the butterflies, the peeking is perfect! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely page! I really like the light blue and red combo! Thanks for stopping by my blog today for the Love My Tapes hop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Love the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those butterflies!!! Great color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the page and the favor - I'm sure she loved them!

    ReplyDelete