Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Cool Time

I round the corner into the double digits for the Perfect Collection class, as I hit page 10 and 11, with my layout titled A Cool Time!
This layout features my kids having some fun outdoor play while visiting in Flagstaff, AZ. They were all bundled up to keep warm- which is a rarity as we live in Phoenix- and I caught some great black/white photos of them.
I had the dilemma of having the left side of the layout being very heavy with that strong patterned paper I chose. I figured my solution was to add plenty of embellishments and a bigger title to the right to help balance it out a bit.  And hopefully that visual triangle of butterflies  moves your eye across the photos of my babies!

As always, thanks for stopping by! I'd appreciate any comments or feedback and would love any new friends becoming followers!
Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. Love the orange with the black and white photos Patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your idea of balancing with the title and lots of embellies on the right hand page, really worked. Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you balanced the other side very well with the large title. Good thinking

    ReplyDelete
  4. The black and white photos are a perfect balance for the strong colours of your papers. Love this layout!

    ReplyDelete