Friday, July 27, 2012

Playing Pretty Music

This is the seventh layout, that I did for the Perfect Collection class taught by Shimelle Laine.
At first the bottom 2/3rds was so bold and bright- I needed a way to break up the eye. By adding the strip of white and the doily I was able to achieve some place for your eye to rest and making it less overwhelming. I'm loving the addition of those old Hambly rubon birds as well-their symbolism just helps make the page!

My daughter, being a great lover of music, has been playing the piano since she was seven. It always makes me happy to hear the melodies of modern music coming from the living room. I think it's so cool that even though she hasn't taken lessons in years that she still enjoys it so.
As always, thanks for stopping by! I'd appreciate any comments or feedback and would love any new friends becoming followers!
Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty layout! Love the bright colors and stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucky you, you still have some Sasafrass on your stash! love the little flowers & birdie!
    thanks for stoping by my blog xxo

    ReplyDelete